Raj P. Kotak, MD, FACS
Board-Certified General Surgeon
- Expertise in Robotic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Specialist
- GI and Oncology Surgeries
Dr. Raj Kotak is a board-certified general surgeon with fellowship training who specializes in general surgery, advanced laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, and hernia gastrointestinal surgery. He is skilled in minimally invasive and robotic surgical approaches and regularly helps patients seeking treatment for multiple types of hernia; esophageal conditions including GERD; gallbladder conditions; thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal gland disorders; colon cancer; diverticulitis; hemorrhoids and more. He has become one of the leading robotic and general surgeons in the area.
Dr. Kotak earned his medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies. He completed his residency in general surgery at Lankenau Medical Center in Wynnewood, Pa. and continued his medical training with a fellowship in advanced minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the University of South Florida.
A member of the American College of Surgeons and Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, he is also a member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the American Hernia Society.
When not in the operating room or office, Dr. Kotak enjoys reading about the latest evidence-based surgical treatments and giving time to community education. He loves spending time with family and attending sporting events. He travels, runs and golfs when time permits.
Meet Dr. Kotak in this brief video.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified, General Surgery
- Fellowship, Advanced Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Residency, General Surgery, Lankenau Medical Center, Wynnewood, Pa.
- Medical Degree, St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, W.I.
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member, American Hernia Society
- Abdominal Surgery
- Adrenal, Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Colon Cancer and Disease Treatment
- General Surgery
- Gallbadder Conditions
- Foregut Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Diverticulitis
- Hernia Repairs: Groin, Belly Button and Diaphragm
Florida Hospital North Pinellas Surgical Institute
1501 S. Pinellas Ave., Suite T
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689