Douglas S. Reintgen, MD, FACS
Board-Certified General Surgeon
- Skin and Breast Cancer Specialist
- 35 Years of Experience
- “Best Cancer Doctor for Women”
Dr. Reintgen is a pioneering general surgeon specializing in surgical oncology. He was part of the team that helped to develop lymphatic mapping for melanoma and breast cancer and train surgeons, pathologists and nuclear medicine physicians on the technique. A graduate of Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, N.C., where he also completed his surgical residency, his specialties include melanoma and various other complicated skin cancers, breast cancer and cancers of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
In addition to being an integral member of the medical team at Florida Hospital North Pinellas Surgical Institute, Dr. Reintgen is Director of Cancer Initiatives and a Professor of Surgery at the University of South Florida College of Medicine. He previously served 17 years as head of the Cutaneous Oncology Program at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute and has served as an invited Visiting Professor at more than 20 universities worldwide.
Dr. Reintgen’s clinical skills and thorough approach to patient care have earned him numerous Patients’ Choice Awards through the years, “Best Doctors” recognition and designation as a “Best Cancer Doctor for Women” by Good Housekeeping Magazine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Board of Surgery, American Society of Clinical Oncology and Skin Cancer Foundation.
Meet Dr. Reintgen in this short video.
- Board-Certified Surgical Oncologist
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Professor and Director of Cancer Initiatives, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Residency, Duke University Medical School, Durham, NC
- Medical Degree, Duke University Medical School, Durham, NC
- Breast Cancer
- Nipple and Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Concurrent Breast Surgery Planning with Reconstructive Surgeon
- Melanomas and Complicated Skin Cancers
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Cancers
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Hyperthermic Limb Profusion Therapy
Awards and Honors
- Florida Super Doctors, Gulf Coast Edition
- Top Breast Cancer Specialist, Redbook Magazine
- Best Doctors in America for Women, Good Housekeeping Magazine
- Shipley Award for Best Paper Presentation
- Clinical Research Award, Polk County Medical Association
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward White publishers
Florida Hospital North Pinellas Surgical Institute
1501 S. Pinellas Ave., Suite T
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689